Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, January 10

Clutter, Clutter and more Clutter

Dear readers, I really hate to tell you this, but the Goddess is a collector. Collector of books, collector of magazines, I am the queen of "I might need this someday."


Well, no more. The goddess has taken this day to don her stylish vinyl gloves and attack the so-called tool cabinet in the basement. Not only did she clear out the cabinet to the bones and create a semblance of order (a semblance, mind you, but some is better than none), she actually went through her precious books and began (gasp!) earmarking those for disposal.

All kidding aside, I did take the time to go down into my dusty basement and reconnoiter the situation. And as my friend Miss C says, all I say was A MESS. Stuff piled everywhere, dusty tools, dried up plumber's putty, you name it, it was downstairs looking me in the face. I got me a garbage bag and started throwing stuff away. Did you know that I had a pasta and cappucino maker??? I did know, but it was hard to tell exactly what they looked like under all that dust. Certainly, I was not throwing my precious wedding gifts away, but they did need to be wiped down!! My aim was to create a place for my breadmaker to sit, which has been chillin in my dining room since the turn of the century, but hey, can't have it all. At least there was some sort of order to the mess.

Now the books. I am a book lover, can't live w/out them, love them to death and HATE throwing them away. Borders loves me, Barnes and Noble loves me, amazon.com, half.com, alibris.com shuts down when I stop ordering. That being said, for me to give up books speaks volumes. So, let the volumes speak, for as you read this, there is a full box of books either waiting to be picked up by some lucky person, or headed to the recycling pile. I'm sick of them, sick of looking at them, and let's face it, I'm not going to save them till my crew gets older, first of all, that's about five years from now and by then they'll pick out their own books.

So, the goddess is feeling free and easy, tossing out stuff to make room for her ever expading shea butter business. What shea butter business, you ask? Well, you must be new - click the banner at the top of the page and you'll see.

Here's a great link to an article about clutter that I found in the NYTimes. Enjoy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/01/health/01well.html?no_interstitial

1 comment:

Mahala said...

I need to get rid of some stuff. Alot of stuff actually. Someday :)