Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 11

Goddess Sleeps on Grammys - Big Mistake!!

As I've often written here, as a woman of a certain age, the music today just doesn't grab me like the stuff of the 80s. Certainly, each generation has its own beats, and I'm sure that the music we listened to grated on the nerves of the flower children of the 70s. The one complaint that I have about today's music is its just about performance, not about the music. Basically performers (because I cannot call them musicians) find a good eight measures of music, four measures of chorus, then beat the tune to death by repeating it ad infinitum. Many past songs told a full story, intro, middle and end where as many of the songs today simply repeat themselves.

Because of this abhorrance to having my ears assaulted by the same 12 measures of music for 5-6 minutes, I did not mark my calendar to watch the Grammys this year. BIG MISTAKE. How could I have missed the reunion of the TIME? (granted, Rhianna ruined it with her 12 repeated measures) but was it not GREAT to see Morris preening himself in that mirror?

How about Tina? If I look half that good at what...76??? After that kind of life?

Alicia, Alicia, Alicia.....mind you, as a pianist, I do have the soft spot for other pianists, but honey, please. She sounded like she was singing along in the shower with her Frank Sinatra CD. One thing I could say about Natalie Cole (and she's a giantess, ain't she?) she was able to integrate pretty flawlessly with her father on the record.

Amy Winehouse - all I can say is, maybe try a bowl of cereal. She is grossly thin.

Check out YouTube if you missed it.

No comments: