Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 20

Will Cook for Sex

I decided to revive this blogspot blog as there were so many visitors here and I didn't want to have you readers clicking all over the place. These posts won't be as up to date as the ones on http://black-domestic-goddess.com but it'll keep you in the loop!

Happy reading!


Well, of course the title is catchy, right? I was fortunate enough to win Will Cook for Sex: A Guy's Guide to Cooking (along with its companion book, Will Mix for Sex: Twenty-one Classic Cocktails to Set the Mood
and apron and a corkscrew) from The Recipe Box radio show. Being a Betty Crocker type of cook – traditional and reliable, I was interested to see how the other half lives – a cookbook written by a man.

Ok, the book was not for me, I know, it was for my husband, but I took a peek inside. What I liked best about the book were the large pictures. Granted, this book was written for a man who wants to impress a date or two, but the pictures were still wonderful. In addition, I also liked the way Rocky Fino, the author, listed the ingredients, then told you how much of each you needed, i.e. flour – 1 tablespoon, cilantro – about 1/3 cup. I think it helps a lot to have a overview of what you need for a recipe before they get into measurements.

Onto the food. My husband first prepared the chocolate soufflé for me. Now, I love chocolate, but it has to be good, rich chocolate….I won’t eat just any chocolate. These soufflés came out perfect! Not only did they have a wonderful aroma while baking, but they had an amazing gooey chocolate pudding center when they were done. Best when served with ice cream of course, but being a woman of a certain age, I went for the plain soufflé. And it was simply delicious. The children also enjoyed licking the batter!

The next dish was the Shrimp and Shreds salad which was bacon, iceberg lettuce, shrimp, cilantro, avocado and cherry tomatoes. I could have eaten the entire salad bowl of that stuff. The dressing that shrimpandshreds1went along with it was simply divine and to boot, was a cool shade of green from the cilantro. I never was a big fan of avocado, but in this salad, avocado was king!

The recipes are simple to put together and don’t require any special equipment, making it ideal for your man, hubby, boyfriend, significant other or whatever you call him, to get cooking in the kitchen. Makes a great gift for any food lover and highly recommended.

No comments: