Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, April 28

Insanity Reigns Supreme

Recently, I was reading a few posts on my local nj.com board and had to shake my head at the ridicuolousness of some of the dicussions there. There was a long thread of discussion about some high school play that used teh "n-word". Apparently, some audience members walked out in the first two minutes of the play because of the use of this word and the people involved with the play were upset because they felt that this person (or people) did not give the play a chance and passed judgement w/out seeing the whole play.

I often sigh when I read these type of posts. I suppose people have the right to argue about insignificant things, but let's get real. With all the concerns and issues about this particular high school (read back issues of the Courier News to get the whole story), this is what people are going back and forth about on the message board? Give me a break.....this time and energy expended on this argument over taste - chacun a son gout - is silly and wasteful. So what if someone walked out? So what if s/he didn't like the use of the n-word? Everyone has his/her own opinion of what 'art' is and how they want to spend their time.

And what Imus has to do with all of this, I'll never know - that was brought up in the argument also.

I also dislike calling human children 'kids' - a kid is a baby goat!!

No comments: