Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, August 27

Just Rambling Today

I hadn't realized how long I'd been away from my blog until I stopped by today and noticed that I hadn't posted since last week. Well, you know I've got several stories to share.

Every morning, when I attempt to use the bathroom by myself, my 4 y.o. and my almost 3 y.o. (the 18 month old is confined to his crib) prance and march past the bathroom door (after one of them opens it) asking me "What are you doing mommy, going potty?" (Well at least I know they're not dumb!!) This morning, I viewed the same parade again - 4 year old, then almost 3 year old......then 18 month old???? I had to run back through my memory banks - maybe I lifted him out of the crib before I went to the bathroom??? My oldest cleared that up right away for me - "Joshie was climbing out of the crib and I helped lifted him down so he wouldn't fall."

Wow! Immediately I had three thoughts - yay, I can finally get rid of the crib or at least take the front of it off 2) I don't have to lift that heavy little chunk out of the crib any more and 3) how thoughtful and helpful my oldest was and how succintly he explained his actions.

This is not to say I'm raising a band of angels. Sometimes when they get it going with each other, I make a beeline for the bathroom and take a respite from their noise with my old timers' eighties hits on my I-Pod (thank you DH for that little portable oasis). The point is for me is how nice and unselfish they can be with each other. I get all squishy feeling inside that I actually taught them that! Wow!

Ok, I'm done patting myself on the back. :) - If you have children what are some of the nicest things you've seen them do and were amazed?

No comments: