Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, August 19

Sesame Place- Trial by Fire

Well, I suppose I "broke my amusement park cherry" at Sesame Place this past week. Packed up three children, a diaper bag full of snacks, juice and water and make the journey to Langhore PA to afford the children their first amusement park experience. It was cloudy, but hot when we started out and you know what? We had FUN! I was dreading the trip because I just knew that it would be hot, sunny and someone of my crew would be crying (probably me), but the children loved it. They jumped and splashed in the tidal wave pool, ran through the sprinklers, jumped on Ernie's Big Bed and spun in Grover's teacup ride. The oldest and middle child rode on Elmo's flying cups with my husband (who looked none too thrilled on the ride - he later told me that he didn't expect the ride to move so fast and so high for a children's ride - I'm a chicken when it comes to heights, so I didn't even act like I was going on the ride).

We did the sensible thing and took a break when the sun got too hot, went back to the van, turned on the ac to cool down for about 20 min or so. Changed the little ones out of the wet swimming clothes into regular clothes then back to the park, where they were acutally able to see the parade and take a picture in the fire engine.

We did not bother to stand in line to take pics with the characters - the lines were way too long and the sun was too hot. Either way though, they had a great time and are still talking about it!

2 comments:

Paula Blanton said...

Kids- gotta love them! I'm glad your family had such a good time. My daughter LOVES rollercoasters!! We went to Cedar Point last month- and she could not get enough! She'll be 8 next month and her b-day wish is to go to another amusement park. We'll see. I like your blog, your stories of you and your family always crack me up!

Off to update my blog- oops! Have a good weekend!

Lisa R Charles said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time!!

I remember my first trip to Sesame Place. I was about 9 or 10, and funny enough my husband was there too. We grew up in the same church and it was one of many church trips we went on.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, I know how it can be going to places like these with many little ones in tow. Quite an experience!