Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, August 31

Life is a Cabaret

I used to have a girlfriend known as Elsie
With whom I shared four sordid rooms in Chelsea

She wasn't what you'd call a blushing flower...
As a matter of fact she rented by the hour.

The day she died the neighbors came to snicker:
"Well, that's what comes from too much pills and liquor."

But when I saw her laid out like a Queen
She was the happiest...corpse...I'd ever seen.

I think of Elsie to this very day.
I'd remember how'd she turn to me and say:
"What good is sitting alone in your room? Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum, come to the Cabaret."

And as for me, I made up my mind back in Chelsea,
When I go..........I'm going like Elsie.

Start by admitting, from cradle to tomb
It isn't that long a stay....
Life is a Cabaret old chum
It's only a cabaret, old chum
And I love a cabaret!


I stumbled upon the "Broadway's Best" channel on Sirius....ok, ok, I have the channel in my presets, I admit it. Nothing like singing along to "One" from a Chorus Line to get your morning going. Anyhoo, this song came on, and while Liza Minelli is not one of my fave singers (neither is her mother, Judy Garland), I was somehow inspired by these lyrics from a trashy, dirty looking musical.

Just like the song from that Cars movie , "Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long." These lyrics should inspire you to live life to the fullest.

Now you know from reading my blog - and if you don't, look through the archives - that I looooooooooooooove my cable television. But I've found that passive TV watching really takes away from my love of writing and that when I spend an evening wathcing television, I feel like I've wasted a tremendous amount of time. The time I spend watching yet another Law and Order that I've all ready seen a kazillion times before, I could be writing to you, dear readers! I know you all miss me when I don't post for a while!

So, cut down on the TV, more writing. What is it you've wanted to do, but yet couldn't seem to find the time? And what is it you're doing that is keeping you from doing the stuff that you love? Watching television? Talking on the telephone? Reading this blog? (smile)

Much as I love you, dear readers, get cracking on fufilling your own dreams. Life is a cabaret and I love a cabaret!

No comments: