Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 5

Ha Ha on you Amp'd Mobile

I remember the amp'd mobile commercial spots and how much I hated them. The first one was about some white dude on a bus ordering people to do stuff. Ok, fine, until he tells this black woman to "shake her junk". I am not easily offended because I know that commercials do have to attract attention, but give me a break. No one had any more imagination that this? View said commercial below:

I hated this commercial and I hate that woman for taking the role. Yes, I understand you gotta eat, but shoot, there's work at the post office, right? But then we would have all those video girls either, right?

Anyway, good ol' Amp'd Mobile got exactly what they deserved - you market to the lowest common denominator, and guess what, they don't pay thier bills. Amp'd Mobile files for bankruptcy because about half of their customers didn't pay their phone bills!! Read all about it here:

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jun2007/tc20070605_529608.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories

So, people do get what they deserve in the end!

No comments: