Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 19

The Trouble with Superheroes

I love superhero movies, I really do. Although I am not an avid comic book reader, as a layperson I know there are certain things that a superhero does and does not do. This entry is an expose of the stupid things superheros do in the movies. Please feel free to add any comments that are applicable!

Batman - Loved Michael Keaton as Batman, although he was a little short. Loved Jack as the Joker (but you'd be a fool not to). Why in the world then, does Vicky Vale show up at the Batcave?? Like, hey, you're Bruce and Batman. Then, just goes off into the sunset and keeps the secret. Yeah, right. I didn't pay much attention to the other Batman movies, so this is the extent of my complaint with Batman.

Spiderman 2 - Ok, dude loses his mask on the subway fighting and a whoooooooooooooole subway carload of people promise that they won't tell. Ok, I certainly believe that.

Spiderman 3 - Peter Parker spends more time with his mask off in this movie than on. And we're supposed to beleive that still know one knows who he is?

Superman - I have no complaints for Christopher Reeve as Superman, having only really seen and remembered the first one. I can give him a pass.

Superman Returns - Good looking dude as the new Superman, but would Superman, symbol of honor, justice and the American way be trying to mack another man's wife??? Also, he must be a great Method actor (see Brando and James Dean, you young readers) for people not to recognize him with just glasses and no mousse in his hair. But I do still love the Superman franchaise.

Batman Returns - Couldn't sit through it.

X-men, Fantastic Four - no complaints so far, but only saw each movie once, so not much research there.

Love them or hate them - what's your pet peeve about superhero movies?

No comments: