Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, June 13

We're on Live

The past couple of posts have been pieces that I have written for my group as monthly messages. So before you all say that I have been neglecting your needs for fresh informaiton, let me tell you that I have been busy doing of all things....website design. A friend of mine saw the other site that I desgined and wanted me to do one for her business. It was actually fun and I enjoyed earning that paycheck.

Although friends and family encouraged me to go into the web site design business, I hesitate. Certainly, I do enjoy it and it was nice to get paid for something that I enjoy, but it seems to me that the market is so saturate with website designers that it is a losing proposition. While I can design simple sites, my skill level is not up to flash sites (Plus I don't really like all that activity on a site when I visit).

The whole situation started me to thinking about website design and all its components. Is there a market out there for people who just want simple websites, without all the fireworks? Let's say simple sites that show pictures of their families or things like that. I would be interested to find out about that.

Other than that, my little lotion bars business is still struggling. As I commented before, folks are really saying, oh do the website, do the website. But, I like doing the lotion bars. I like making little mixtures and whipping them up in the microwave. Why can't I do both? Maybe the website design can pay for the lotions and potions hobby.

We'll see.

No comments: